Fort Fetter, was erected around 1777. The fort was built just southwest of the town of Hollidaysburg, PA near a branch of the Juniata River. The fort was near McCahan's mill and was used primarily for local purposes. There is no record that it was authorized to have been built. In the fall of 1777 Fort Fetter was occupied with some twenty-five men capable of bearing arms, belonging to what was known as the Frankstown district. Among those families inhabiting the fort were the Holliday, Wallack, and Coleman families. One morning while out hunting deer, Michael Wallack, Thomas and Michael Coleman came across fresh Indian tracks. The men were on their way back down the gap heading towards the fort when they found the Indian tracks in the snow. The men decided to follow the tracks so they could return to the fort and report the size of the Indian force. Thomas Coleman assumed command of Fort Fetter and became one of the principal men in the fight against the Indians during this time period. The Fort was mainly used for protection for area settlers from the Indians. You can visit the area where the fort once stood just outside the Borough of Hollidaysburg along Rt 22 in Blair Township. There is a small stone with a plaque near the current location of the old farm office building also known as the Carriage House. The plaque states that Fort Fetter once stood just Northeast 500 ft from the stone.