Williamsburg Historic District is a national historic district located in Williamsburg, Blair County, Pennsylvania. The Williamsburg Historic District includes 362 contributing buildings and 6 contributing structures in the central business district and surrounding residential areas of Williamsburg.
The earliest buildings date back to the 1830s, when Williamsburg began expansion as a canal town along the Pennsylvania Main Line Canal. Most of the buildings are primarily frame and brick, with notable examples of Federal and Late Victorian style architecture.
A few of the buildings included among the historic sites in Williamsburg listed on the National Register are:
- The Schwab Hotel built in 1910
- Hollidaysburg Trust Company building constructed in 1873
- The Presbyterian Church built in 1841
- The Zion Lutheran Church built in 1907
- The Church of the Brethren built in 1911
- Williamsburg High School built in 1918
- The Community Elementary School bulit in 1941
A number of Williamsburg cemeteries are also listed on the National Register, including;
- Presbyterian Cemetery established in 1824
- Methodist established in 1831
- Lutheran established in 1835
- Lutheran and German Reformed established in 1804
The National Register also includes Williamsburg's Big Spring and the Pennsylvania Main Line Canal and Pennsylvania Railroad right-of-way.
The Williamsburg Historic District was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1995. A digitally scaned PDF of the Williamsburg Historic District Register application is available for this Historic District providing interesting information about the buildings and the history of Williamsburg.
|County Spot photos of Historic Williamsburg PA||Learn more about Williamsburg Borough||View a list of Blair County historic sites on National Register.|
Location of the Williamsburg Historic District