Beginning in 1907 the Rinhard brothers would bring their traveling carnival to Tipton, PA entertaining the community for years. Fred Bland would allow the brothers to use the Bland family farm for their carnival. In 1919 Mr. Bland opened “Bland’s Park” which was at first only a picnic area and small dance floor. In 1928 Mr. Bland sold the park to George Rinhard who added a skating rink, bowling alley, and more rides. Shortly after the Great Depression an Altoona Railroad worker and his wife purchased the park in 1946. During the next 10 years Fred and Mafalda Delgrosso along with their family added; adult and child rides, food stands, bathrooms, and more.
Over the years the Delgrosso family has continued to grow Delgrosso’s Amusement Park, with a cross walk, miniature golf course, water park, go karts, gift shop, and many more rides. They have created what is known to be the best family amusement park in Central PA. When visiting Delgrosso’s Amusement Park remember to take a ride on the park’s carousel. This carousel was created in the 1920’s by the Herschell Spillman Carouselle Co. from New York. The hand carved carousel horses are treasured antiques of the Delgrosso family. There are less than 70 carousels left in the United States. Delgrosso’s Carousel is 1 of 30 left in Pennsylvania. Take an afternoon an visit one of Blair Counties valued treasures Delgrosso’s Amusement Park!